If you believe you may have an outstanding warrant, you probably want to find out about it. Probably. If so, then you’ll be glad to know there’s a way to run a nationwide arrest warrant check. But first, let’s review what an arrest warrant is.

An arrest warrant is an official document that is signed by a judge in a court of law. An arrest warrant is meant to allow a law enforcement officer the right and ability to arrest a suspect. So long as law enforcement officers are able to present suitable evidence to persuade a magistrate, a warrant will be issued.

What Happens When An Arrest Warrant Is Issued?

Once an arrest warrant has been issued, law enforcement officers are expected to act quickly to arrest the suspect. They’ll try to arrest the person of interest wherever they can be found. At their place of work, home, or even pulled over on the road.

Is There A Way To Access These Arrest Warrants?

Yes! An arrest warrant is considered public record, and is accessible to anyone who is interested. There are plenty of reasons why you would want to know if you have an active arrest warrant. Some people get a warrant placed upon them without realizing it. They can be issued for things as small as an unpaid traffic fine. Unknown to you, this could result in a jail term.

If you want to carry out an arrest warrant check, here are the available options.

Check At The Courthouse

You can visit your local county courthouse for an arrest warrant check. Just write to the court clerk requesting an arrest warrant check. Note that the court clerk may request that you explain your predicament before allowing you access to public arrest warrants. The court clerk will also request identification documents. Also, if it turns out there is an active warrant for yourself, then you will be escorted promptly to a holding facility.

Check At A Local Sheriff’s Office

Copies of arrest warrants are often carried by a county sheriff’s office. You can write to the sheriff’s office and request the clerk for an arrest warrant check. Upon receiving the application for your arrest warrant check, the clerk will require that you explain why you are interested in conducting the check. Once again, if you do have an active warrant, then the police are likely to make a move to arrest you immediately.

Ask A Private Investigator Or Attorney To Check For Your Arrest Warrant

The main issue with the previous methods is that, if you’re correct, then you get arrested. If you want to avoid that fate, then you should try and get a private investigator or attorney involved. However, they do not guarantee confidentiality, and a steep service fee is likely to be attached.

Run An Online Public Records Search

For a secure and confidential warrant search, check online. An online public records search offers a complete database of all active arrest warrants. These public records searches tend to be extremely easy and convenient.. All you’ll need to do is enter your full identification details and a report will pop up indicating any active arrest warrants.

Do Arrest Warrants Expire?

No, no they do not. An arrest warrant is a serious matter, will not be removed until the state is satisfied with your cooperation. You can request for arrest warrant removal, but this requires that you first know of the warrant, which many states do not make an effort to notify you of.

Nationwide Arrest

What Should I Do If I Have An Active Arrest Warrant?

If you have an arrest warrant, there are a few things you can do. Depending on what the warrant is for, you can simply show up at the courthouse, particularly if paying a fine is an option. Contacting an attorney is also a good idea. Having a lawyer on your case can help clear the legal jumble, and guide you to the best course of action.

SpyFly provides consumers affordable, immediate access to public record information. Federal laws prohibit businesses from using SpyFly’s service to make decisions about employment, insurance, consumer credit, tenant screening, or for any other purpose subject to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 USC 1681 et seq.